Friday, May 11, 2012

Headbands!

I learned my very first crochet stitch in November 2011 while I was riding with my crochet mentor and our husbands to an adoption seminar. The great thing about learning to crochet is you can make some really awesome winter stuff like beanies, scarves, shawls, slippers etc. I found myself feeling a little sad as winter faded into the background because I wasn't sure what I was going to crochet now...then I found some amazing patterns and have thoroughly enjoyed making accessories that are perfect for any season!

I made this fun little headband a couple of months ago, but this was my first time wearing it. I am in that very awkward phase of growing my hair out, and I wasn't really sure how it was going to look, but I absolutely LOVE it!
I have two skeins of the yarn that I used for the flower and it is Uh-dor-able! It is a super soft pink, blue, gray and white variegated yarn. I have found myself being very picky about what I use this yarn on because I love it so much!

Here is a picture of a headband that one of my friends ordered for herself that is very cute, simple and understated. I LOVE this headband and think I am going to make a slew of them for myself this weekend!
This headband is made with the same yarn that the one above is - isn't it cute?

I have been busy finishing up some crochet projects for graduation gifts and also working on a little baby carrier for my husband's little sister. She is almost 7 and felt that she needed something that she could carry her babies around in to "keep her hands free" LOL - that kid cracks me up. I couldn't find a pattern online for it, so I am just making it up as I go along - we will see how it turns out!


1 comment:

  1. I love love your headbands they are so cute!!!!! You have became very talented girl!!!
    ps: I can't believe lil E is almost 7 years old CRAZY!!!!

    ReplyDelete