Friday, June 8, 2012

Crazy Busy Adoption Life

I haven't been crocheting much lately - we have been CRAZY busy and the little spare time I do have now, I try to spend with my hubby instead of my needle :)

We began our PS-MAPP classes this week. These are classes that we will take for the next 12 weeks in order to become Certified to adopt out of our State foster care system. I am very excited and hopeful about our new family building journey. It definitely does not look like ANYTHING I had been imagining since I was 6, but we are going to have a beautiful, strong family and I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to open up our home to a child/children that need a good, stable home.

Other than this blog, I am going to remain fairly quiet about our family building decision. Mainly because many people have vast misconceptions about the type of adoption we are pursuing. I have no problem educating as needed, but I really just want this to be a private journey between my husband and I.

Here is a picture of the cute little baby sandals I made for a friend's sister that is having twins :)

2 comments: